Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lady Gaga, Ke$ha Article


I’ve never really been a big fan of either of these two artists so before reading this article on Lady Gaga and Ke$ha, I never realized that their lyrics had so many hidden messages. I think its kind of cool how these two women are changing the hip-hop/pop industry in a positive way for females. The majority of the time, as the author of this article states, women are depicted only as sex objects for males but because of what Gaga and Ke$ha are doing, women can now give men a taste of their own medicine I suppose. I think it’s bringing an interesting twist to the whole industry and I never really realized that before. I also never realized that these two women meant to seem so provocative as they are for the better of females. I don’t know if this is necessarily a good thing but I guess they are trying to be “modern feminists”. Hopefully at the end of the day they still think men and women deserve to be treated as equals.

1 comment:

  1. I was amazed as you were about the article mentioning the hidden messages from the lyrics. I agree with you that I don't really think it's a good thing for the images that they are showing, but at least they are changing the views of the woman to the public. Maybe they can work on a more positive strong woman, instead of one that parties and sleeps with everyone?

    ReplyDelete