Monday, January 17, 2011

Process Piece

I did my project on the -ism, sexism. When I looked at the details for the assignment and saw that we had to chose an -ism, I knew that sexism would be perfect. Before taking this class i thought sexism was an issue but not that big of a deal anymore to be honest, but after reading articles, watching videos, and reading the course books, I now realize that sexism still greatly exists within our society today. I wanted to make a video slideshow with pictures about sexism with a rap/song in the background. I think that my video came out pretty good and I'm happy with the song that I came up with. I think I addressed many issues in the song and hopefully it's a good awareness video for men who don't really think about sexism.

Adams, Maurianne. Readings for Diversity and Social Justice. 2nd ed. New York: Routledge, 2010. Print.
 
Hooks, Bell. "YouTube - Bell Hooks Pt 8 Cultural Criticism (rap Music)." Bell Hooks Pt. 8 Cultural Criticism. 10 Dec. 2006. Web. 17 Jan. 2011. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtoanes_L_g>.

No comments:

Post a Comment