Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quick Blog Post #4 Whip My Hair


I think that this song by Willow Smith is pretty cool, never heard of it or seen the music video before this. I had to watch it/ look at the lyrics a few times before I could understand it really but I think it provides a good image for girls. In the song she says to “brush the haters off” and “don’t listen to them haters cuz I whip em off”, “Keep my head up and I’ll be fine”. These are all portions of the song that will provide people with hope especially kids that are being put down in school etc. because it kind of shows kids that they can be their own person and not have to worry what people think. I also think that what Willow is dressed like/her hair style is different then the “norm” which also shows kids that you can do your own things and shouldn’t be judged based on appearance. I don’t think the video is fine really because its not someone like Brittney Spears back in the day just trying to sell sex I don’t think. Willow seems to just be trying to send a message to kids about not giving up if your put down and everything will be fine if you look up and I think that’s great, this seems like it is a new type of hip-hop for kids that provides a positive message that may actually help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment