Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick Blog Post #3 Class

1.     1. The fact that I went to a private Catholic High School, St. John’s Prep, definitely is my best example as to why I am/was privileged due to my socio-economic status. It cost money to go to St. John’s and the fact that my parents could afford it shows why I was at more of an advantage then someone from a lower class family trying to go to St. John’s.

2.     2. My parents got divorced later on in my High School years so from that we didn’t have as much money. When I was applying to schools I was restricted to only applying to local state universities in New England. I initially wanted to go to U. Florida but due to our family cutting back I wasn’t able to make that happen.

3.     3. There were a lot of people at my High School from the Upper Upper Class, parents money wasn’t remotely an issue, who drove brand new luxury cars and had their own “rich click” and basically looked down on everyone else just based on class status. It was easy to see how they viewed themselves as superior to everyone else just based on their parents money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment