Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Video Treatment


The –ism that I’ve chosen to base my Digital Video Project on is Sexism. I chose this topic because I think that a lot of men don’t think sexism is an issue any more and I want to show that it’s still relevant in today’s society. I’m going to be writing a short rap song on the issues involving sexism today. I’m not sure exactly what movie maker program I’m going to be using yet but I have iMovie on my computer so I will most likely be using that. For the research aspect of the assignment I plan on using the two course books, the videos we’ve seen and also examples of sexism that we see in the media today (magazines, movies, music). For the timeline, I will be looking up and also observing examples of sexism in everyday life. Along with this I will be looking into magazines, movies, and music. My goal is to show that sexism is something that people deal with everyday and is still quite prevalent in our culture.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. That many men are sexist and that needs to stop. And I'm curious as to how you are going to display your rap song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the topic of sexism and I feel you can do so much with it. I'm excited to see how you turn it into a rap song. Seems like not many people if any at all are doing a rap song so this is a great idea. I'm interested to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete