Thursday, January 20, 2011

Question N: Activism


I think in order to be a good activist you need to be extremely passionate for whatever it is you are fighting for and believe every word your saying so that people can see how much truth there is to what you are saying. To be a good activist you need to persevere and not back out if the fight gets to hard, stand strong. I think two strong qualities that I can identify with good activism are commitment and persistence. You need to commit to what you are battling and constantly be trying to reach that goal, not saying no for an answer and never say never. Activists fight because they want change in whatever they are fighting for. I think that my favorite activist would have to be Martin Luther King Jr. He is someone that died fighting for what he believed in, he saw the need for change in the world and wanted equality. I think he’s the most famous civil-rights activist and deservedly so. You could just hear it in his voice during his speeches how much he wanted change and showed that he wouldn’t give up no matter what. That is a true great activist.

No comments:

Post a Comment